| It all started in 1946. Tony and Wilfred, with the help of their father William “Pops” Neltner, opened a filling station in Newport, Kentucky.
The Neltner’s believed customer service would set the family filling
station apart from all others. They not only believed it, they demanded
nothing less than the very best from themselves and their
employees. With this mindset, the company became successful.
In 1953, an opportunity arose to purchase Kentucky Motor Service located down the road in the city next to Newport, Covington, Kentucky. With the purchase, the focus of the Neltner's and the business began to
change to auto parts.
Continuing with their strong work ethic and dedicated customer service, the business grew with its success. Over the next several decades many
locations and businesses were added and acquired throughout Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana...hence the name KOI. Included with Kentucky Motor Service came more acquisitions including familiar names you still hear today like Wilcox Auto Parts, Savage Auto Parts, and more. All encompassed under the KOI Auto Parts name.
In 1987 KOI become a member of the Federated Auto Parts group giving KOI access to even more competitive tools and programs to offer its customers.
KOI Auto Parts became an ESOP (Employee
Owned) company in 1999 insuring that the dedicated
employees and management would remain
unchanged, allowing the company to continue
to grow & prosper.
Generations later, the operating principles and focus on customer service which helped start the business remains
the hallmark and competitive advantage of KOI Auto